Information System Security Officer
Job Location: US-VA-Chantilly
Company: ManTech International Corporation
Clearance Level Needed: TS/SCI
ManTech Mission Cyber and Technology Solutions Group is making America stronger by supporting and securing critical missions. We are expanding to meet the complex needs of our clients and would like to consider your talent!
The Information System Security Officer will ensure all systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the System Security Plan/Master System Security Plan. This includes the creation and maintenance of Addendums (off-site location plans) and Annexes (system plans). Other tasks and responsibilities include:
• Ensure all systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP) for each site.
• Develop and maintain the SSP for each site. This includes the creation and maintenance of Addendums (off-site location plans) and Annexes (system plans).
• Ensure all system hardware, software, and firmware are maintained and documented.
• Ensure that all media is catalogued and properly marked.
• Advise customer on sys
• tem security issues.
• Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM, DAA Rep and/or the Program Security Director, as appropriate.
• Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with the SSP.
• Ensure that security requirements are addressed during all phases of system life cycle.
• Perform multi-level security data transfers for customers.
• Maintain and manage accurate database to track data transfers.
• Maintain data transfer requests for five years per regulations.
• Perform security briefing for all new employees and on an annual basis.
• Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness within the organization.
• Review all system-related security plans throughout the organization's network, acting as a liaison to Information Systems.
• Support the EA4SS Security Branch with Defense Space Council-related events
• Minimum of eight years experience in providing AIS and multi-discipline security support in SCE and special program environment.
• Bachelors Degree desired.
• Must have working experience with ENCASE software
• Must be knowledgeable of NISPOMSUP Overprint, DCID 6/3, Joint DoDIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information System Security Standards and NISTISSAM 2/95.
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and time management abilities.
• Must be able to perform complex problem solving; demonstrate decision-making skills and make recommendations to senior management to resolve issues.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Position requires TS/SCI clearanceAdditional Qualifications• High School Diploma plus 5–20 years applicable experience in security related field required; Prefer Bachelors degree plus 5–20 years applicable experience in security related field.
• Work experience in SAP/SAR security functions
• Work experience in DoD Information Security and Communications Security requirements and practices.
• Experience with auditing and security functions.
• Experience complying with NISPOM, DCIDs/ICDs, and other Government security directives.
• Work experience in certification and accreditation process and system administration functions.
• Work experience in incident handling, including unclassified and classified.
• Recent work experience with National Security Space (DoD or IC) community.
• Interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Professional oral presentation, writing and documentation presentation skills.
Travel: Local travel as required in and around the National Capital Region, mostly between EA4SS locations at Fairfax and the Pentagon.